Thursday, March 12, 2009

wanna know something weird?

An old friend just called to tell me that he had a grand baby a month and a half ago. The baby tested positive for PKU. For a month and a half, this baby was on a supplemental formula. The baby was getting her blood tests every week. But yesterday. they got a letter from the hospital. The letter said that there were NO PKU findings.

When I hung up the phone I cried.

I had such emotional chaos. I'm thrilled for them. Absolutely thrilled. But I wish that letter had been in my mail box...

But I can't live my life wishing I was someone else. This is MY blessing. This is MY herriatage. This is MY baby- and I am HONORED and HUMBLED to be her mother. I know that I too, have received amazing letters that others wish they had in THEIR mailbox. We have fought against serious odds and conquered. Slowly but surely. I cannot let envy keep me from looking up. I cannot let jealousy steal my blessing.

My God is real and He is also working miracles in our lives. Just watch and see. He's not done. The greatest things are coming up.

7 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Michelle, I am an adult with PKU and I came across your video. It was great! I'm sure that a lot of people say "I'm sorry" when they find out about your daughter and what you're going through. A lot of people still say that to me. But I'm NOT sorry that I have PKU. It has made me who I am. I am strong, determined, strong-willed, successful,and I an more of an "individual" than I would have been otherwise. I know it's easy to get down about pku. But there IS light at the end of the tunnel. I am living proof! It is nice to "meet" you. I hope to keep in touch. Are you attending the culinary conference in Denver? I'll be there with bells on!! :)

Nana said...

Michelle,
You have the right attitude and thought here. It is normal to sometimes feel discouraged. The Lord is watching over us all.

Kara said...

Thats right!!! God is working in your lives and in the lives all around you!

Having a PKU child was all a part of Gods plan. Remember God has a plan for each of us and he uses us, his children, to glorify him!

Your Katy is a special blessing!!!

Keep your chin up!

TMI Tara said...

I originally typed I know exactly how you feel, but I don't. I just know the feeling of absolutely loving your baby exactly as they are, but sometimes having those pings of jealousy - even though of course you are thrilled that your friends and family have healthy children. I don't think you (or I) would be normal if we didn't have these feelings, though. I think it's healthy to be honest about it.

Eudae-Mamia said...

Oh Michelle - I've said it before, I know I will say it a million times more...I know it could be soooooo much worse. But there are days when I wonder why it cannot be just a little easier.

I have another nephew arriving in June. I know my mother will be worried sick until my brother gets the confirmation that the new little one does not have PKU. Is it wrong to say I wouldn't mind if Youngest had a partner in crime?

Vent away my dear. Vent away.

E

Patyrish said...

Oh Michelle, this entry got me RIGHT THERE. I have the same "thrilled for them but heartbroken for me" feeling in situations like this.
Jealousy really stinks. I hate that I get that feeling.

Love you

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

制服酒店經紀,