Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the proposal

“DO NOT OPEN ‘TILL 2 O’clock,” the box said.

Isaac had come by to give me that box (along with a shovel) at nine AM. The wait seemed eternal. Butterflies tickled my stomach as I paced my house with impatience and curiosity.

It was two minutes until 2, and I decided that enough was enough. I opened the box. Inside were the oddest things. A pile of change, a disposable camera, a knife, several envelopes and Eric’s phone number.

I grabbed the envelope labeled “Read me first,” and opened it.

“You are about to embark on a quest,” it said. “The items that you need are provided in this box. These envelopes will guide you through. The camera is for taking pictures of your journey, the, the knife for cutting things loose, the change to use public telephones, the shovel for digging and Eric’s number in case you face unexpected accidents or mistakes. He has the master plan.”

How exciting! There was another envelope in the box. It read “In the beginning.” There was a love note inside detailing how Isaac and I first met. Then, my very first set of instructions. “Call Raymond at work at 2:10. He will give you further instructions.” I dialed Joe Brand Company and asked for Raymond. He picked up the receiver and began to sing the theme song from Mission Impossible.

“Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to go to the place where you and Isaac first met. You have fifteen minutes,” he hung up.

The church! I met Isaac at church! I drove in a hurry and there, at the church entrance was taped up another envelope. It was labeled “Month One.” Inside, were some brief memories from our first month of dating, along with the next set of instructions. I was to go to the back of the church and dig for the next clue. I had five minutes. The following clue was a box, in it, an envelope labeled “Month two.” Just like the previous one, It detailed the happenings of our second month as a couple and gave me further instructions.

One by one, my clues were preceded with memories and concluded with a time limit for the next finding. I used the camera, the tape, the change- everything. I was led through all the romantic spots we had known in the city. In each memorable location was another clue. There were also many people involved in my adventure. People from Isaac’s work, family members (his and mine) and friends were all participating.

At last, I found the final clue. Month 19. It had a bible verse and a prayer. Then, it instructed me to walk a block to the nearest orange grove. My heart skipped a beat. The orange grove! In the early months of our relationship, Isaac and I were taking a stroll down that very same grove.


“Michelle, will you marry me,” he asked.

I smiled, “sure!”

“I’m serious,” he continued. “The next time I ask you this question I will have a ring in my hand and we will stand in this very spot.”

Now, I was headed to that same orange grove. My heart was pounding and my feet were racing. The sun was hot, but the breeze was cool and the trees were dancing in the summer wind. The sunset was spectacular, as it always was in “the valley.”

I could see him in the distance. His tall, slender figure stood in the midst of the tress. He was dressed in a black Armani suit. I nearly froze. I approached him, slowly. When I was just a few steps away, he got on one knee and pulled out a little black box from his pocket.

“Michelle, will you be my wife?”

“Yes!!!”



The wedding was six months later. Isaac and I have been married nine years now and have a beautiful little girl. It’s a dream come true. My very own fairy tale.

6 comments:

Marthavmuffin said...

Wow now that is a fairy tale come true!

Learning 4 Life said...

Congrats on nine years... and what a sweet story :)

Nana said...

Very sweet. Happy Anniversary!

Em said...

Goosebumps - seriously.

Job well done Isaac!

(sorry I have been MIA Michelle - feedburner stinks!)

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

制服酒店經紀,

日月神教-向左使 said...

性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,ut聊天室