Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This means war...




I dont know if you recall my last video on killing mice, but looking back on it makes me laugh. I was so innocent. So naive. So, completely unaware of what was to come. I lived in a fairy tale castle and walked on pink clouds. I was such a child. But that was then.

This is now.

I've been away from home for almost two months. I was so eager to come to all my things. The first evening, I invited a friend over for coffee and tacos (yes. Tacos.) We sat merrily and enjoyed our conversation for about three and a half minutes. Until we felt a shadow run across the kitchen.

Were we seeing things?

Shrugging it off, we continued with our long overdue chat. But not two minutes later, the movement in the kitchen continued. It was a mouse. A creepy, disgusting freak of nature had come into my kitchen and was hiding under my fridge. I stood nearby with a broom and waited. Then, it popped out again.

But hadnt we seen a gray mouse?

Was this one brown?

Either way, it made a mad dash for the laundry door, and to my surprise- was able to fit under the door and "escape (to my laundry room)."  My friend and I sat back in the living room, only this time we kept our feet on the couch. Then, a shadow.  It was that mouse.  No- it was NOT that mouse.  It was a baby one.  

That evening I counted four live mice, and two dead ones (I killed them.  Cuz I have no fear).  All under my fridge.  Then, I looked over at my back yard.  One, two, three, four, five, six... all in plain sight and all at the same time!  My house had been invaded by a plague of mice while I was gone!!!

Looking through the house I found mice crap everywhere.  On the stairs,  the floor, the pantry, the stove, and even in Katy's toy box.

This means war.




I sent Isaac out for the craziest mice anhilation  weaponry that he could retrieve legally.  When he returned, we set up dozens of rat traps, a couple of sticky traps and four packages of rat poison.  They are all well hid under furniture and out of Katy's reach.  

Now we wait for the little monsters to take the bait and rot. Oh, wait- that would pose a problem now, wouldnt it?  Oh well, I'll deal with it later...

  When my house smells like a rotting meat factory.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ick. I haate mice. I can't believe you actually killed them yourself?! I'm impressed!

I came downstairs once to find our cat with a LIVE mouse in his mouth. He flung it across the living room, then started chasing it about the house and I LOST my mind. I ran upstairs, barricaded myself in the bathroom, shoved rolled up towels under the doors and called my husband in hysterics. So much for being a strong, independent woman. :)

I hope you get the little suckers...

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

制服酒店經紀,