Saturday, July 19, 2008

I won the lottery- well, sorta'

I have been battling with Katy since 5 AM. That's when she woke up. From that moment up until now, the little critter bug has been a naggy little thing. She caught a mild cold. Just a runny nose. Apparently, that was enough to steal the peace. I have tried and tried to get her back in bed all day. But-
she
just
wont
nap


Which in turn, changes all of my plans. Instead of spending my "free" nap time crossing things on the to do list, I find myself throwing the list away entirely. Ever had one of those days? Please, pleeeeeease tell me about it if you have. It would make me feel like so much less of a loser.

I mean, bed time has always been my home run hit. Ive struggled with everything but BED TIME. Tonight, I swore I would put an exhausted little toddler in her bed where she would lay peacefully with a smile.

So
Not
So

Its been two hours of screeming. Screeming like never before. I never lost my cool. I stayed calm as I tried technique after technique ad naseum (however you spell that, like I care). I finally decided that it was me who needed a time out, and after two intense hours, I closed the door, got on YOUTUBE and watched videos as I tried to tune out the screeming. Half way through my favorite vbloggers videos I stopped to have a dialogue with myself.

Inner me #1: Did you hear that?

Inner me #2: Hear what?

Inner me #1: Exactly...

Inner me #2: Is it.... Is it silence?

Inner me #1 & Inner me #2: SHE'S ASLEEP!!!!

(inner me's hold hands and begin to river dance in rupturous celebration)



Basically, I could have won the lottery. But this feels oh-so-much-better!

6 comments:

Patyrish said...

OH girl I know. J has those times when he fights sleep until I think Imight cry right along with him.

Oh and the list? Yeah...forget it....seems like the days I am TOTALLY ready and motivated to knock out said list....J and Makily both do not want anything to do with a nap and I end up with about 800 things I wasnt supposed to have to do.

Wishing 4 One said...

Oh I know I am so late in reading this, but I sure hope Katy slpet well and you were able to get some things done.

I thought of you last night, I was watching an episode of Prison Break (an old one I am sure as we get the older ones here) and one of the characters mentioned his daughter had PKD. I know it is different than what you are dealing with, but just briging attention to any illness I thought was good directing.

Anyway hope you are all well, you are always in my prayers.

the Albino Bowler said...

Nicely done. I think back of the house folks are some of the craziest alive. I just recently wrote a post about one of my favorites (but in that love/hate sort of way), Chef Scary.

Rachel said...

YUP, IM WITH YA ON THE WHOLE PILE OF LAUNDRY DISHES THING AND LIST, WHAT LIST? CANT FIND MY DANG LIST.... OH WELL!!!!!!

actually, im new to your blog and saw the infantile spasms was one of your interests. my little girl josie has infantile spasms. she has suffered a lot of brain damaged because they went on for so long. we adopted her last year at age 3 1/2. she has a beautiful smile.

your little girl is beautiful! congratulations on all of her gains..i know they were fought for.....rachel

Rachel said...

thanks for stopping by our blog. my email is
seoultrainonanairplane @ hotmail . com (no spaces)

please feel free to ask any questions. =) rachel

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

制服酒店經紀,