Sunday, May 25, 2008

After three long years- summer is HERE!

Katy's finest day YET

Today was probably the best day in Katy's life. She had her first visit to a water park and she went NUTS! If any little kid deserved to have "their day," it was Katy. She is such an overcomer. She has fought and battled against every medical prognosis and has come out a winner time after time. Epilepsy, Hipotomia, extreme poor coordination, hypersensitivity- let me stop right there.

HYPERSENSITIVITY- every texture used to feel overwhelming for her. A little less than a year ago, even the touch of water was too much for her. She would bathe with her arms raised up in order not to touch the bath water. Naturally, beach and sand was out of the question.

But not anymore. After hours and hours and hours of play, we literally had to pry an over-exhausted but ecstatic little girl from the waterpark. To think that a year ago we feared that she might never walk or play!

Cheers to you, little honey! There are many more days like these up ahead.

(Ive tried and tried to upload a video, but the connection SUX and it wont let me. Ill be home next week and will do the upload.)



TEXAS SNAKE

My husband can be so cute. I sent him out on an errand as I did my household chores. I went to the back yard for a bucket of water. It was when I opened the faucet that I noticed the strange movement. Just a few feet away from me was a four foot long snake, slithering past me. It only took a second, but it moved very far.



I froze.

The snake froze.

There we stood, staring at each other- getting better aquatinted. I noticed it was thin and black. It noticed I was having a bad hair day. Slowly, I backed away and went into the house to await my hero to come and rescue me.

An hour later, the sun had set and it was dark. Isaac came home and I told him the story. His eyes shone. There is something about catching snakes that always dazzles him. Before I had finished my recount of the events, he was up and around looking for a flash light.

He darted out into the yard, in search of danger. Its funny how eager he is when it comes to snakes. It had been an hour since the encounter, and the snake had probably gone very far. Nevertheless, Isaac persisted in the search. He ducked, he climbed, he stomped and stooped. After what seemed an eternity, he finally gave up- looking disappointed and let down. He can be so cute.



2 comments:

Patyrish said...

I loooove the sandy feet picture. Who the heck needs a professional photographer!? That looks amazing!

Secondly I am so happy to hear that Katy enjoyed the water park SO MUCH. Can't wait to see video of her going crazy and having a good time. It must have been HEAVEN watching her. :- )

Your husband makes me laugh, Allen would have searched for the snake the same way. It's like his a 10 year old little boy again ya know?!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

制服酒店經紀,