Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Crown me Queen of DORK

After Katy was born, my involvement in the church greatly diminished. All her medical complications made being a mother more than a full time job. That's why its so special for me whenever I get a chance to do something for the ministry. It makes me feel like saying:

"Hey people! Im still here, alive and kickin'!"

When I was asked to open for the annual conference "Prophets Arise" along side of Isaac, I was thrilled. It was a complete honor, and I was humbled and excited at the same time. That evening, I wore the most slimming outfit I had. I prepared myself mentally to get the people excited about the conference, and packed a big diaperbag for all of Katy's needs while I was away.

I was ready.

When Isaac and I went up there, he said all I had thought about saying. By the time I had to speak, all I could come up with was

"We have a fantastic presentation prepared for you. Let's get started!"

to which Isaac interrupted and said that no, it was not time for that yet. Apparently, there was something else on the schedule before that presentation. So, there I was- with nothing worthwhile to say and three thousand people to watch.
I was a true DORK.

But then, there is always the cherry on top. As an added DORK Bonus- I came across the only picture taken of me during the conference. It was that rare moment when I was actually talking (probably about the non-upcoming presentation). Here I am, looking like a total DUFUS HEAD:


Let us laugh together at the irony of the moment.

(look closely. It looks like Im taking a moment to fart)


2 comments:

Patyrish said...

Once again your blog has me ROLLING! You are so crazy and I love that you are a dork...because I am one too.

I do have to say I am totally being teased because the picture is NOT coming up for me...it's just blank space. I will try to look on IE because firefox sometimes does weird things to my computer.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

制服酒店經紀,