Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I needed this like a hole in the head (part 1. Yeah, its that bad)




When we last left our hero (me), she was struggling with some very stressful situations. A sick baby, a messy house and upcoming guests left her feeling like she would crack. With her husband, family and friends busy putting together a city wide conference; our heroine was left to her own devices.


If you didn’t read my last blog, this might not make much sense. Let me summarize by saying that I was having a hard week. But then, the unimaginable happened. All I can say is


OMG

So much crap has hit the fan in the last few days that I have to break down the news into several parts. This is part 1:




Nightmare on ELM CLINIC




Katy’s fever would not be controlled, so I took her to the ER late in the evening. She was suffering from an ear and throat infection. In order to speed up her healing process, an antibody shot was administered. In the wrong quadrant of her toosh. This is dangerous, because giving a shot in the wrong place can damage the longest nerve in the body.



Now, Katy has gone through quite a bit in her little life, but she has NEVER writhed in pain like she did that evening. It was a sharp pain, like burning and she shrieked and spassed for nearly an hour. She was terrified, her pupils dilated and her round eyes opened to the fullest, she screamed and screamed with no relief to be found. After nearly an hour, she just vanished in my arms and fell asleep. The worst was over, and she was out of danger, but this didn’t stop us from making a scene.



My mother in law was there with me, and even though she is a pastor— she didn’t let that get in the way of being a grandma. She walked right through the lobby and into the doctor’s office, with no regard for “permission.” She opened up Katy’s diaper to reveal the swollen, purple and bleeding injury. The nurse was there.



“Are you the nurse who did this?” She demanded



The nurse stood there, dumbfounded.



“I know how to give shots, and this is the wrong place! How could you? She’s already sick and miserable! Bring the doctor!”



Since it was night time, the doctor left after giving the order for the shot to be administered. He was called back and after twenty minutes, he arrived. After getting an earful from my mother in law and myself, he simply shrugged his shoulders and said


“too bad”


And walked away.


This is the same clinic where my daughter’s condition was ignored for a year. The same place that told me she was fine when she couldn’t lift her neck at eight months, use her hands at ten or sit up by a year of age. I went there because I knew they were open at night. It was a private and fancy clinic. Well, it just goes to show. I will NEVER go there EVER EVER again. What a nightmare.


Believe it or not, this is only the begining. My story is just starting. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Patyrish said...

HOW HORRIBLE! Poor Katy's little hiney! I can't believe the doctor just saying "too bad". What were they thinking!?

Is Katy's temp staying down now? Makily's still up and down but I can get it down with meds ya know? Poor babies!

Patyrish said...

*had to add I love the cartoon*

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

制服酒店經紀,