Tuesday, February 26, 2008

LIfe and times of a stay at home mom

Dont touch the blue water-


Ive been taking my daughter with me to the bathroom. Together, we form a mighty team. I do the potty thing, and she does the flushing thing. Then, we wash our hands together. She's gotten real good at flushing, too. Every time we go in, the toilet gets flushed a minimum of three times.


This morning I looked away for a second. It was all the moment Katy needed. As I washed my own hands, I glanced at her in the mirror, her head bent over the toilet. She had not only stuck her hand in the water, but was digging it in as far as it could reach. By the time I saw her (trust me, it only took a second) her little fingers were scraping the bottom of the comode.
I think I gotta rethink my (pre) potty training strategy.

I'm sleeping with a musician


Like any normal teenage girl, I used to dream about my future husband. I envisioned him coming out through the smoky floors and standing under green and blue stage lights. With his guitar strapped over his shoulder, he would give me that "secret" look right before performing in front of a screaming audience.


When I first met Isaac, it was clear to me that he did not have any special musical talents. He was a smart, political thinker with a deep passion for philosophy and wisdom. I settled for that. After all, he was freaking hot!


We've been married for eight years now. Over the past year and a half, Isaac has started to learn the guitar. He has been motivated and persistant. Lately, he has been on a creative streak, writing many songs. I wish I could write the sound of Isaac's voice in this blog. It is the most beautiful voice a man has ever posessed. It makes me weak in the knees.


Being a man after God (just like I always prayed for), his music reflects his passion and intimate relationship with Jesus. They are really powerful songs that have brought the entire church congregation to tears. I can hear people humming the tune long after the service is over. I have even visited churches in other cities that sing them in their services. Its really something to watch hundreds of people know the lyrics that I heard being writen in my living room.
Every year, we do a large event targeted to reach the city. Its become a really big thing, with hundreds of people packing buses and traveling many, many miles just to participate. Its a really great event, but this year is going to be the biggest we've ever done. We had to rent a city building just to fit the people that will attend.


In this event, Isaac will be performing a mini concert with the songs that he has writen. There is also some talk (which I probably shouldnt be mentioning yet, due to uncertainty), that he might record his own CD. I am so proud of him!



Words of wisdom to live by


I just read this today. I thought it was very true...


"The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude"



-William James

"No pain...
No pain!"

"Ever notice how anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, but anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?"

2 comments:

Patyrish said...

I have to say I love your potty training stories. They crack me up!

You need to get a vid of the hubby singing so I can hear him! Sounds like the concert will be SUPER exciting.

I wanted to add that I have watched some of your vids and you ARE INSANE and I absolutely love it! I really liked the "inside joke" one. I don't get any of the jokes, well because I wasnt on the "inside" but it was still hilarious watching you act out "the little mermaid" and do what I think was "the running man" in your living room.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

制服酒店經紀,