Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ah, the good ol' days of male chauvenism

I was washing dishes when I got an epiphany.  I always get those when I'm in the kitchen, so I spend quite a deal of time there.  Mostly, eating.


I was randomly thinking about the transitions that Disney animation has had, and I realized that the original production team must have been formed entirely out of  sexist pigs. 


 Dont get me wrong, I looooove the original Disney cartoons.  You probably do to.  That's cuz theyre good at suckering us in.  Yes, we the ususpecting, sensitive women, who dont realize that these movies have a manipluative intent-


1). Snow white



the maid of cleanliness.  She is allowed to have refuge from a murderous witch as long as she cooks and cleans for seven little men.


2).  Cinderella



It doesnt get more self explanatory than the picture.  You may argue that she was cleaning for her stepmother and stepsisters who were also women, and you would be right.  Except that you would have missed the subliminal message that has already deposited into your head- she looks and sounds her best as long as she is cleaning.  Oh, and dont forget that key scene.  The one where the mice are making a dress for cinderella. 


"I'll cut with these scissors!
And I can do the sewing!
Leave the sewing to the women (?!)
You go get some trimmin'
And we'll make a lovely dress for
Cinderelly"



3). Peter Pan



Mrs. Darling.  Her sole function is to tend to the husband who orders her to FIND HIS CUFFLINGS!  And dont forget the famous scene where Wendy must stitch Peter Pan's shadow as he tells her that "girls talk too much."


4). Sleeping Beauty.



Doom  by spindle (what's with the sewing obsession?!)


I could go on, but I think youre starting to get the picture.  The one where all a woman could aspire for was to be RESCUED by a handsome prince, then taken to his castle so she can tend to the household duties while looking beautiful. 


Women of today, may we applaud the new heroes of the face of disney-





You go, girls! Set us free!


...now, if we can get a short and chubby princess who doesnt wear makeup, Ill feel even better about myself.


 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I think it is safe to say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory decreases, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://crystalguo.vox.com/library/post/how-does-the-r4i-or-r4-work.html]R4i[/url] DS Qezv2)

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

制服酒店經紀,